Friday, September 25, 2009

Unique earth maps and other maps

I found these maps and I think the are fantastic.
All these and many, many more similar ones can be found at Worldmapper. Have a look around, they even have interactive versions of all these maps. If you have a closer look at some of them, it's quite interesting what you can find. Search without limit ;-)

All these maps show the world but the area of the individual countries has been weighted ad changed according to certain values. To start of with, this is kind of a normal map (for comparison) with the sizes correlated to the countries land area:



Weighted by total population. Where DO people live?


Weighted by net immigration. Where would people LIKE to live?


Weighted by mens income. How much do people earn in different places?


Weighted by alcohol consumption. Look, a map where germany is REALLY big!


Weighted by adult literacy. How many people can read?


Weighted by Child labour. If you live in africa or india, it's likely you have been working as a child.


Then again, you are not likely to read this (Weighted by the number of internet connections).


Weighted by toy exports. Are ALL toys produced in China nowadays??


And finally, the shocker: Weighted by HIV prevalence. No comment required.


More Maps:

The world according to Americans:


The world according to Texans:


Loosely related to this (it's also a map), I have also found the 'Map of humanity', which I found quite interesting. Please click for higher-resolution.

10 comments:

  1. I am grateful to you on the grounds that your article is exceptionally useful for me to continue with my exploration in same region. Your cited illustrations are all that much significant to my exploration field.This is extraordinary! It really exhibits to me where to broaden my online diary. I deduce that sooner or later on I might endeavor to create a book to oblige my web diary, yet we will see.Good post with supportive tips and considerations.


    Best vpn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored the noteworthiness of keeping human/thoughtful touch with the understudies and people in this season of mechanized literacy.Its intriguing Information share.That is magnificent and shocking. The developments happening in our existence are entering every corner - as this preparation case shows up. An obligation of appreciation is all together to share this Heidi. I can simply imagine what you're shocking glorious orderly tyke will do with this extra propelling power.
    Free vpn service

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this post completely concerning the difference of latest and previous technologies, it’s awesome article.Lol Elos

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to waste less time to examine your indispensable matter on net, subsequent to nowadays the looking frameworks of web crawlers are charming. That is the reason I wellspring this article starting at this point.Elo Boost Euw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey partners, I am again at this spot, and comprehension this post related to SEO, its also a charming article, in this way keep it up.Lol account boosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting now it shows up as if WordPress is the favored blogging stage open comfortable point. (from what I've scrutinized) Is that what you're using on your site? Amazing post at any rate I was considering whether you could create a litte more on this subject?Web development singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.
    kursy robotyki dla dzieci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Existing without the responses to the troubles you've sorted out through this aide is a basic case, and additionally the kind which could have seriously influenced my whole vocation in the event that I had not found your site.
    Verified directory submission back-links

    ReplyDelete
  9. I 'd say that the majority of us guests are truly blessed to exist in an astounding spot with a lot of superb people with extremely accommodating things.
    Mac Photo Editor

    ReplyDelete
  10. This web diary is intricacy dumbfounding Very capability made information. It will be titanic to everyone who uses it, including myself. Grateful Hi!This is particularly advantageous post for everyone. Grateful to you so much this post.Just about everything looks puzzling indicated upward
    Belasting utrecht

    ReplyDelete